To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration information prior to your procedure date. We may have received this from your surgeon, you may register by phone or online at One Medical Passport. The Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service if we require further information. The Registration Department direct line is 561-362-4408.
A Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health history, review your specific instructions and answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call by 4:00 PM the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 561-362-4406 or 561-362-4421.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do not drink or eat anything after midnight—not even coffee or water. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
Pain patients may have clear liquids –no dairy, cream or fats– six (6) hours prior to your procedure IF you are having sedation.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home except your insurance cards, photo ID and any copay, deductible or financial responsibility.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, name and contact information for your responsible adult.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery. Please do not bring young children as guests.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read or speak English an interpreter is required. If you are hearing impaired, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Clearance department 561-362-4406 or 561-362-4421 as soon as possible.