To expedite your check-in process, we need you to pre-register. The Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. Or you may call the Pre-Registration Department at 561-362-4408.
A Medical Clearance Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health and review special instructions and answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call by 4:00 PM the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 561-362-4406 or 561-362-4421.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
Our Medical Clearance Nurses will instruct you as to when to stop eating and drinking.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, and driver or care givers phone number.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Care Giver: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read or speak English, an interpreter is required. If the patient is hearing impaired and uses sign language to communicate, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Medical Clearance Department 561-362-4406 or 561-362-4421.